1. Painting attributed to Leonardo da Vinci, Salvator Mundi — 450.3 million
1. Painting attributed to Leonardo da Vinci, "Salvator Mundi" — 0.3 million
The painting measures nearly five feet across. Vincent Yu/AP
- Sotheby's New York broke its own sales record this week when it sold a painting for 7.2 million at auction.
- The painting is by Italian artist Amedeo Modigliani, titled "Nu couché (sur le côté gauche)."
- The sale breaks the top 15 most expensive paintings ever sold via auction or private sale.
This week, Sotheby's New York broke its own sales record selling Italian artist Amedeo Modigliani's "Nu couché (sur le côté gauche)" for 7.2 million.
The work of art is Modigliani's largest piece — measuring 58 inches across, it was a part of his 1917 exhibition that redefined the fine art nude.
During Monday's Sotheby's auction other historic works were also up for purchase including Picasso's "Le Repos," which sold for .9 million, as well as Claude Monet's "Matinée sur la Seine."
Modigliani's "Nu couché (sur le côté gauche)" breaks the top 15 most expensive paintings ever sold during auctions and private sales, hedging out Gustav Klimt's "Adele Bloch-Bauer II," which sold for 0 million in 2019 during a private sale via
Video: What Made The Da Vinci Painting Worth 0 Million (HBO)
Heres the real reason your nails are peeling
Homemade Banana Chips
How to Limit Your Stress
Having an Alzheimers Action Plan
How To Make Brown Sugar Scrub For Scalp
Watch Jimmy Fallons Epic A Cappella Medley Of Star Wars Songs With The Cast
5 Ways Coconut Oil Can Save Your Skin and Hair
The CurlBar: A Hair Salon Just for CurlyGirls
Top 10 Celebrity Home Decor Pinterest Boards ToFollow
Quick and Easy Workouts for People Who Have Zero Time In Their Day
7 Gross Things That Can Happen to Your Body at the Gym
How to Cope When Everyone Is Getting Engaged and You’re StillSingle
How to Lower AST Levels