7 Foods, 7 Days, 7 Pounds
Are you doing everything “right,” but can’t seem to lose weight? It’s not your fault. You might be weight-loss resistant. One of the most common causes of weight-loss resistance is food intolerance, a negative reaction to a certain food that can cause a host of negative symptoms, including weight gain. Yes, the very “diet” foods you’re eating could be causing you to gain weight!
Over the past decade I’ve worked with some of the country’s top doctors. Their knowledge, combined with my own clients’ testing, helped me target the foods that are most likely to cause food intolerances, which I discuss in depth in my latest book.When people pull these highly reactive foods from their diet, symptoms like bloating and fatigue disappear. They look and feel better. They lose 5-7 pounds in the first week alone and the weight continues to drop off from there.
You read that right. Take my challenge: Pull these 7 foods for 7 days and see if you lose 7 pounds. To eliminate deprivation, I’ve provided what I call lateral shifts: healthier alternatives to your favorite foods.
Why? Gluten triggers the release of a protein called zonulin that loosens the tight junctions of your small intestine which makes it more permeable, allowing particles to slip through and create an immune reaction and inflammation.
- Instead of wheat wraps, try Romaine or rice wraps.
- Instead of pasta, use corn-free quinoa pasta or spaghetti squash.
- Instead of couscous, try quinoa.
Why? Most soy is genetically modified, heavily sprayed with pesticides and significantly processed. Soy can also interfere with thyroid function and damage gut health.
- Instead of soymilk, use unsweetened coconut or almond milk.
- Instead of soy ice cream, try no-sugar-added coconut milk ice cream.
- Instead of processed soy foods, occasionally use fermented soy like tempeh and miso.
Why? About 70% of my clients test positive for egg intolerances. Eggs are also high in pro-inflammatory arachidonic acid.
- Instead of an omelet for breakfast, have a protein smoothie with pea, rice, potato and/or chlorella protein, unsweetened coconut or almond milk, berries, and freshly ground flaxseeds or chia seeds.
- If you do occasionally eat eggs (inThe Virgin Diet, I encourage you to challenge them after you’ve completely eliminated them and the other 6 foods for 3 weeks), only choose barnyard or omega-3 organic eggs.
Why? Milk is high in lactose, a sugar that can create insulin resistance and blood sugar imbalances. Studies show dairy can also trigger or exacerbate acne and other skin conditions. Think again if you use dairy for strong bones. The Nurse’s Health study showed that the nurses with the highest dairy consumption also had the highest incidence of osteoporosis. Nuts, seeds, and leafy greens provide calcium as well as other bone-building nutrients, without the reactions of dairy.
- Instead of cow’s milk, try unsweetened coconut or almond milk.
- Instead of yogurt, try kefir or coconut milk yogurt.
- Instead of ice cream, try no-sugar-added coconut milk ice cream.
Why? Actually a legume, peanuts are prone to mold and a nasty fungus called aflatoxin. Their fatty acid profile is not as beneficial as that of tree nuts. Most store-brand peanut butters are high in trans fats and high-fructose corn syrup.
- Instead of peanuts, try raw almonds and other nuts/seeds.
- Instead of peanut butter, use almond and other nut butters.
Why? Corn is inflammatory, high glycemic, and most of it is genetically modified.
- Instead of corn as a side dish, try quinoa or legumes.
- Instead of popcorn (a trigger food that’s very easy to overeat), munch on raw veggies with hummus.
Sugar/ Artificial sweeteners
Why? You already know sugar’s many problems. Artificial sweeteners are actually worse: their sweetness can trigger an insulin response, and one study showed people who drank diet sodas gained more weight than regular-soda drinkers.
- Instead of sugar and artificial sweeteners, try monk fruit (lo Han), erythritol, or pure Stevia as sweeteners.
- Learn to appreciate the natural sweetness of flavors like vanilla and cinnamon.
You only need to for 3 weeks to benefit, but you should completely eliminate them during that time. Many clients enjoy these healthier alternatives and feel so much better that they never want to go back!
Video: Lose 7lbs in 7 days by Dropping These 7 Foods
Gatwick Airport put flight info on whiteboards after screens all broke
How to Plant a Garden
Zawislak says hes not crazy, he just wants to learn more about big storms
McLarens Vision For Future Racing Comes With Batman Driving Position
Exfoliation Facts You Need to Know For Smoother, BetterSkin
Lookalike Alert: Emma Stone and Taylor Swift Are Doppelgängers in Platinum BlondeLobs
The Ultimate Guide to Industrial Piercings
25 Best Healthy Snacks Under 100 Calories To Curb Hunger
How to Take Pride in Your Work
8 Best Moves To Target Arm Fat For Women Over 40