PaintShop Pro (PSP) is a and for . It was originally published by . In October 2004, purchased Jasc Software and the distribution rights to Paint Shop Pro. PSP functionality can be extended by .
The X-numbered editions have been sold in two versions: PaintShop Pro, which is the basic editing program, and PaintShop Pro Ultimate, which bundles in other standalone programs, additional artistic tools and/or plugins. The particular bundled programs have varied with each numbered version and have not been sold by Corel as separate products.
PSP comes with an interface for automating tasks with scripts written in .
See also:Paint Shop Pro 1.0 (pictured here running on Windows XP), was released in 1992 for Windows 3.1.
Originally called simply Paint Shop, the first version, 1.0, was a basic between BMP, GIF and PCX formats, released by Robert Voit in August 1990. Paint Shop was originally distributed as and is still available at many download sites (4.12 being a popular version). Most newer versions are only commercially available although some have been distributed in the United Kingdom in computer magazine CDs after they became obsolete.
Paint Shop Pro 5 added support for layers as well as CMYK and HSL colour modes, included JASC Animation Shop for creating animations and in fact was marketed as "Paint Shop Pro 5.0 with Animation Shop". PaintShop Pro X6 was the first to be available as a native 64 bit version (purchase includes both versions). PaintShop Pro X7 includes content-aware features such as "Magic Fill" and "Smart Edge" as well as support for sidecar files that preserve edit settings for .
From 2006 to 2011 (versions XI to X3), PaintShop Pro was marketed as "Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo". Having dropped the "Photo" part of the name in version X4, Paintshop Pro X5 was derived from Ulead Photo Explorer after Corel's acquisition of Ulead.
On November 28, 2007, Corel announced that the office in , where Paint Shop Pro was created, would be shut down, with development moving to offices in California and China.
Picture tubes are graphic images with no background. They are often used as a starting point for complex images; that is, they are combined with other image elements to produce a final work. Tubes can also be regarded as graphic brushes based on a pre-created image; this was their original use. Instead of leaving a trace of color on the canvas, they would leave a trail of images. Popular tube subjects include alphabets, humans (also known as ), animal and toy figures, flowers, love messages and seasonal symbols.
The tube system originated with PSP Pro version 5. Native tube files may be in .tub, .psp, .pspimage, and .psptube formats., , and are separate graphics programs that can convert tube files (.tub) to .
PaintShop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate was released towards the end of life of PaintShop Pro Photo X2, in September 2008. It included 150 additional picture frames and Picture Tubes, the programs Background Remover, 4, and Photorecovery, as well as support for 250 cameras and a 2GB flash drive.
Subsequent Ultimate editions were released contemporaneously with the basic version. PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate included Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0, a voucher for 21 images from at high quality, and additional Picture Tubes. X5 Ultimate included Reallusion FaceFilter Studio 2.0, NIK Color Efex Pro 3.0, and "over 100 unique brushes, textures and royalty-free backgrounds". PaintShop Pro X6 Ultimate includes Athentech Imaging's Perfectly Clear and Reallusion's FaceFilter3 Standard. PaintShop Pro X7 Ultimate includes those same two items.
The bundled extras cannot be installed unless that version of the PaintShop program is already installed. However, once a bundled extra such as a plugin has been installed, the installed files can be copied to other versions, e.g., a plugin installed under X5 can be copied to X6 and even if X5 is then uninstalled, the plugin will continue to work under X6. Corel releases a new X version roughly annually, so this ability to copy means PSP users do not have to choose between updating or continued use of Ultimate add-ons from previous versions.
Other related versions and products
- Paint Shop Pro Personal is a version of JASC Paint Shop Pro 9 for the Japanese market, published by Sourcenext Corporation.
- Paint Shop Photo Album is a simplified version of Paint Shop Pro designed to enhance, organize, and share digital photos. The Corel version was released as version 5.
- Corel Paint Shop Pro Album Personal is a version of Corel Paint Shop Pro Album 5 Deluxe for Japan market, published by Sourcenext Corporation.
- Corel Photo Album is the successor of Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album. First release was version 6.
- Corel PaintShop Photo Express is the successor of Corel Photo Album. First release was PaintShop Photo Express 2010.
- Paint Shop Pro Photo Studio is a site launched as part of Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 launch celebration.
License management software
Versions XI through to X8 install a third party program named PSIService.exe, a called ProtexisLicensing. Written by , this runs in the background and collects licensing information. This program communicates with a remote host. Manually disabling the Protexis Licensing service may cause Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo to cease functioning.
- Jasc, Inc. Paint Shop Pro page: , ,
- Jasc Software, Inc. Paint Shop Pro page: , , , , , , , , ,
- Corel Paint Shop Pro page: , , ,
- Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo page: , , ,
- Corel PaintShop Photo Pro page: ,
- Corel PaintShop Pro page: , , , , ,
- Sourcenext pages: ,
- P&A., Inc. Jasc Paint Shop Pro pages: , , 7J, , , , , , ,
- Corel PaintShop Pro Product Information Kits:
- User to User Web Board in French:
Paint Shop Photo Album
PaintShop Photo Express
- Corel PaintShop Photo Express pages:
Paint Shop Xtras
- Jasc pages:
- Corel pages: , , ,
- P&A., Inc. Jasc Paint Shop Xtras pages: , ,
Old time photos jacksonville fl
Texas rose horse park photographer
South indian actress sizzling photos
Sketcher non photo blue pencil
Paul stanley pamela bowen photos
Oasis facebook cover photo