A Guide to Nuclear WeaponsIf we fight a war and win it with H-bombs, what history will remember is not
the ideals we were fighting for but the methods we used to accomplish them.
These methods will be compared to the warfare of Genghis Khan who ruthlessly
killed every last inhabitant of Persia.
Hans A. Bethe ...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange even to the men who used them.
H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914
About This Site
A "sister site" relationship has been established with Gregory Walker's . Greg and I are actively collaborating to provide the broadest variety of nuclear weapon information, in the most convenient form that we can. The two sites each have a different focus. The Nuclear Weapon Archive provides current information, technical data, and informative write-ups. The Trinity Site focuses on historical information, especially reproductions of public domain documents.
Latest Site Updates3 September 2007
- Updated the page (the world's largest nuclear bomb).
- Updated the of the Nuclear Weapons Frequently Asked Questions, "The First Nuclear Weapons", now with diagrams.
- Site is retitled The Nuclear Weapon Archive with its own domain.
The Past is Prologue
Major Reference Articles and Links
- Nuclear Tests
- Bibliographic Material
- Links to Important Information Sites.
Regrettably a vast amount of reference material once available on-line has been removed in the wake of 9-11, and large amounts of material continue to disappear. For example, all informational sites at Los Alamos have vanished as of this writing (20 May 2002). I removed some links that are no longer active, but many others may be no longer available.
- DOE Information Bridge, Excellent link for accessing millions of pages of on-line information
- . A valuable resource. Go to GAO Access Search Page, use keyword search (like "nuclear"). Many FY 95 and later reports are available online
- . Hosted by Princeton Univ.
- Lots of stuff here, browse around.
- Stephen Schwartz's list of U.S. Nuclear Weapons Facilities
- , this site now hosts the text of many valuable articles, with on-line search capability.
- at the Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS). Excellent repository of on-line materials
- . An independent research organization that analyzes government policies - a very good site, check out its on-line reports on nuclear issues, e.g. "The Bug in the Bomb" a study of bombs and the Y2K problem.
- . An independent military policy research and analysis organization, has many on-line resources.
- Most nuclear related medical data has disappeared but it still has Medical Management of Radiological Casualties Still a good resource on biological and chemical weapons. For FM 8-9: Nato Handbook on the Medical Aspects of NBC Defensive Operations now see: .
- . Version RDD-6. Lots of interesting bits of information about nuclear weapons.
- . Located at Los Alamos, this is the site to go to first for nuclear physics data.
- . This is an excellent source of nuclear physics data also.
- , regretably the DOE Nevada site has removed its HTML-format "On-Line Catalog of All U.S. Nuclear Tests", but the same information is available in an Acrobat (.pdf) format document accessible from this page.
- hosts downloadable declassified documents. Do a full text search on "nuclear" or "atomic" to see listings of useful documents.
- Other Sites With Nuclear Test Photos
- Weapons and Related Technologies
- Where to Buy Nuclear Weapons Related Materials
Other Archive Materials
Other Pages of Links
Send all feedback to:
Advice for those who wish to contact me:
- Be sure to provide a subject line that clearly indicates it is with reference to this site. With the current avalanche of spam I am forced to delete unread anything that looks like spam.
- If I don't respond, try emailing me again. It is easy for real email to get accidentally lost in the spam flood.
- Don't try to send me an attachment without corresponding by email with me first. I get a lot of viruses arriving as attachments, and I often delete such messages on my mail server without ever downloading them. If you send me an attachment unannounced the odds are good I will delete your message.
Plus size boudoir photo shoot ideas
The weight of photography
Photo bouquet de roses pour anniversaire
Free photo editing suite download
Australian olympic team photos