How to Look Good on a Camping Trip (Girls)
Going camping? Wondering how you will be able to look amazing without the mirrors, straighteners, huge make-up boxes and wardrobes? If this is your primary concern, you'll miss out on the whole point of camping, which is to enjoy nature and be your natural self, not someone constantly made up. There are ways to stay looking healthy and neat though.
Wear light, comfortable clothes.Avoid loops and fuzzy outerwear that can catch easily on leaves and branches.
- Check weather reports to be sure the clothes you are bringing are appropriate for the conditions.
- Put on a nice T-shirt, sweater and pair of jeans or sweatpants that you won't care about if they get dirty. It's best to wear quick-drying, easily washable clothing.
Wash your hair the day you leave for camping.That's one less thing to worry about. Leave the scented body lotions, perfumes and related products off your body, as they'll only attract biting insects.
- Deodorant is fine, and be sure to pack some to take with you.
- Understand that it may not be possible to wash your hair while camping. There might not be proper facilities for that, so just wear a pretty bandanna, braid your hair, or tie it back with a ribbon.
- If you think that you cannot go without washing your hair, use dry shampoo or cornstarch (just sprinkle onto hair and comb out extremely thoroughly).
Brush your hair.If it's long, tie it back into a ponytail using an elastic. Throw a few spare elastics in for the camping trip, as you'll be best off tying back your hair every day.
Pack a wide-tooth comb and leave-in conditioner for after swimming.Dry your hair lightly, and try to style it by pushing it up with one hand as you comb it with the other.
Pack a gentle facial cleanser and waterproof sunscreen with a decent SPF.It will be helpful to bring along pre-moistened, unscented cleaning towelettes.This will help to freshen up when it is not possible to bathe. Make sure you choose the unscented so as not to attract the wildlife.
Dampen your hair each morning.Put in some leave-in conditioner but not too much. Brush your hair and, if you can, look into a mirror or phone camera while doing this to make sure you like your hair.
Pick out a suitable outfit for the day.Get dressed and add some bug repellent.
Pull your hair back into a ponytail or braid.Hold with an elastic. Use bobby pins to keep the hair off your face.
Greet everyone with a smile and enthusiasm for the activities ahead.A good attitude and feelings of happiness will help you to look your best while camping.
- Flying insects are attracted to fragrances. Don't wear makeup or cologne when camping, and use unscented deodorant.
- Stick to colors that will look good when dirty. This includes browns, dark greens, oranges and deep purples.
- Make sure you have on good hooking shoes or tennis shoes so you can run easily and are more comfy.
- Wear your hair up so your hair doesn't get as dirty.
- Don't wear tight clothing; it'll be uncomfortable when you're trying to move around a lot.
- Be careful not to sunbathe for too long or too often, especially somewhere with a high UV rating.
Video: CAMPING BEAUTY ROUTINE
Get To Know Your Personality Type
Best concealers for dark circles
Try These 2 Tricks to Ensure Your Bag Comes Out First on the Luggage Carousel
22 Life-Saving Beauty Hacks to Use When Youre Already Late
The Best Double Edge Razors You Can Buy In 2019
Why Arent My Abs Toned
Eva Mendes’ Diet Includes This for Lunch and Dinner Every SingleDay
When to Say Yes to Coloring Your Childs Hair
Edamame Lo Mein