How to Trim Leg Hair Using a Trimmer
Trimming your leg hair is simple and easy! If you’ve decided that you want shorter leg hair but don’t want to shave your legs, then you should trim your leg hair. With the right equipment and a little bit of time, you can easily achieve the look you want and keep it that way.
Choosing the Right Equipment and Location
Choose a trimmer.You can use the same trimmer you use for your beard to save money or you can purchase a new one. Since it’s very easy to clean trimmers—both electric and non-electric—this is really a matter of preference. There are a variety of electric clippers—both with and without cords—available online and in stores. Most electric clippers come with guards.
- Another option is to go with a non-electric trimmer to avoid the hassle of plugging in or charging your trimmer. The Gillette power fusion razor and trimmer is a non-electric option that can be purchased in stores and online and it comes with guards for setting the length.
Make sure you have a selection of guards to choose from.Guards are the attachments, also known as spacers, that can be affixed to the clipper or trimmer to determine how much hair the trimmer or clipper will leave uncut.Guards should come with the trimmer and most trimmers come with guards ranging from 1/8 inch to 1 inch.
Choose a convenient and private location to trim your hair.If you’re cutting off a lot of hair, you may want to avoid trimming in the bathtub, as this could clog the drain. One option is to spread out towels on the bathroom floor to collect the hair. Another option is to simply trim your hair in an area that is easy to sweep. If you have access to a private space outdoors, consider trimming your hair outside to avoid having to clean up.
- If you do trim your hair in the bath tub, a damp paper towel can be used to collect the hair from the sides and base of the tub so you can dispose of it in the trash to keep it from going down the drain.
Trimming the Right Amount
Use a shorter guard if you want shorter hair.Use the 1/8 inch guard if you want your hair to be especially short. Use the 1/4 inch or the 3/8 inch guard to get a groomed look. Start with a longer guard if you’re unsure, as you can always attach a shorter guard and re-trim later if you decide you want your hair shorter.
Brush your hair with a damp or dry comb/brush.Brush all of your leg hair so that it all flows in same direction. If you’re standing up, your hair should all flow downwards after brushing. If you want your leg hair to be damp when using the trimmer, use a wet brush instead of a dry one.
- Damp hair--not soaking wet hair--maybe easier to trim compared to dry hair, but this varies based on length and type of hair. For example, it may be easier to trim curly and especially long hair if you first dampen the hair.
- Hair becomes longer when wet. For example, if you trim your wet leg hair to exactly 1/2 an inch, the length of your dry leg hair will be less than 1/2 an inch.
Begin trimming your leg hair.If you’re using an electric trimmer make sure it’s plugged in or charged (if it’s cordless). Attach the guard of desired length to the trimmer. Turn the trimmer on (if it’s electric) and trim your leg hair by running the trimmer along with the grain, that is, in the same direction as your brushed hair flows.
Be systematic while trimming.You don’t want to miss any spots, so make sure to trim your hair systematically. Start with the upper part of one leg, going all the way around, and then do the lower part of that same leg. Then move on to the other leg.
Decide if you want to trim your hair even shorter.Take a look at the hair on your legs after trimming. Look at yourself in the mirror. Do you like the way your legs look? If you want to go shorter, trim your leg hair again, this time using a shorter guard. If the length looks good but you missed a few spots, you’ll want to go over your legs again with the same trimmer + guard.
- Make sure to brush your hair again before re-trimming.
- A less thorough trimming may actually look more natural which could be preferable if you’re aiming to avoid looking overly groomed.
Maintaining Your New Look
Be prepared to trim again.Your leg hair will certainly grow back, and it will do so at roughly a rate of .25-.29mm per day for 30-45 days, but this varies by person.It’s safe to assume that in a little over a month your leg hair will be roughly as long as it was before you trimmed it. At this time, if not earlier, you’ll want to trim your leg hair again.
Maintain short leg hair for convenience.If you trim your hair to 1/8 of an inch and trim it every week or two, you’ll not only maintain a well-groomed look, you'll also make much less of a mess. In other words, less hair = less mess. The more often you trim your leg hair, the less hair you’ll be cutting off, so the less hair you’ll have to clean up from the floor and the trimmer.
- Shorter hair is also easier on the trimmer. If you trim your hair more often, this will increase the longevity of the trimmer because it will be less likely to get stuck and won’t have to work as hard to cut through your hair.
Develop a routine for cleanup.It’s good to have a whole routine worked out, that way the entire process—brushing, trimming, and cleanup—will be quick and easy. Probably the most annoying part of trimming your leg hair will be the cleanup, so make sure you have a systematic way of cleaning up your space, yourself, and the trimmer when you’re done trimming.
- Use a brush or towel to brush loose hairs off of your body after trimming. A shower afterwards is also a good idea.
- Clean the guard(s) by rinsing them off or by blowing on them. Sweep the area to make sure there’s no hair remaining on the floor.
QuestionI have so much hair on my legs, what do I do?TheGreatPapyrus67Community AnswerUse a razor or a trimmer. You could also get laser hair removal or attempt to bleach your hairs to make them less visible.Thanks!
Video: Real Men Have Leg Hair
How to Take Care of Teacup Puppies
How to Choose Between Multiple Guys
How To Get Rid Of Blackheads
Patchy Beard 101 – How Patience Beats Facial Hair Patchiness
Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland Photobombed Random Girls at a Karaoke Bar: See thePics
How to Look Like a Movie Star
Watch starling birds create amazing clouds in the sky
70 Ankle Tattoos For Men – Masculine Design Ideas
The Genius Phone Hack That Helps You Watch Netflix Shows at the Gym
How to Make Scented Rocks
A-Line Mini Skirts at the Us Weekly Party: Mini TrendAlert
How to Make a Chocolate Portrait
How to Remove Pubic Hair
How to lose weight on back and sides – Ways to reduce back and side fat