Jimmy John's Nutrition Facts: Menu Choices & Calories
How to Check Jimmy John's Calories
When you first look at the Jimmy John's menu, it doesn't look like there are many items to choose from.
The print menu is just a single sheet. But any sandwich can be customized so there are countless options for diners.
There are two different ways to make sure you get the sandwich you want at Jimmy John's. First, you can use the The Jimmy John's website provides an easy-to-use tool that allows you to mix and match different variables to meet your calorie and nutrition goals.
But if you don't have time to check the website before you go, you can also talk to the sandwich makers at the shop. While they are not likely to know the exact calorie counts of every sandwich combination, they are likely to be able to provide insider tips to make your sandwich low carb or low calorie (or both).
Jimmy John's NutritionTurkey Tom Unwich Nutrition FactsServing Size 1 serving (181 g)Per Serving% Daily Value*
|Calories from Fat 166.50|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||15%|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*Based on a 2,000 calorie diet|
One of the most popular sandwiches for healthy eaters at Jimmy John's is theTurkey Tom Sub Sandwich. The traditional favorite includes thinly sliced turkey breast, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise. If you eat the basic sandwich as indicated on the menu, it provides 510 calories, almost 21 grams of fat, 56 grams of carbs, 4 grams of fiber and 25 grams of protein.
It also provides 1240 milligrams of sodium.
But many diners choose to order the Turkey Tom as an "unwich." That means that the bread is omitted and the sandwich fillings are wrapped in lettuce. While this option is slightly messier, it cuts substantial calories and carbs. TheTurkey Tom Unwich(see label) contains only 225 calories and 2 grams of carbohydrate.
Other popular sandwiches include:
- TheBig John Sub Sandwich(roast beef) that provides 540 calories, 23 grams of fat, 55 grams of carbohydrate, 4 grams of fiber, 25 grams of protein and 1150 milligrams of sodium.
- TheJ.J. B.L.T(bacon lettuce and tomato) that provides 600 calories, 31 grams of fat, 55 grams of carbohydrate, 4 grams of fiber, 23 grams of protein and 1310 milligrams of sodium.
- TheTotally Tuna(tuna salad) that provides 720 calories, 35 grams of fat, 61 grams of carbohydrate, 6 grams of fiber, 36 grams of protein and 1700 milligrams of sodium.
A few limited side dishes are offered at Jimmy John's including chips (roughly 150 calories) and cookies (about 375 calories).
Healthiest Jimmy John's Nutrition Choices
The best way to get a diet-friendly meal at Jimmy John's is to choose your favorite sub filling and then customize the sandwich.
There are different ways to make your Jimmy John's meal more healthy.
- Choose an unwich instead of a sandwich.The sandwich maker will wrap your sandwich in lettuce instead of bread. This option saves hundreds of calories and carbohydrates.
- Tell the sandwich maker toscoop out the bread. The filling of the top half of your french bread will be removed. You'll save approximately 100 calories with this simple change.
- Cut your sub in half.While just cutting the sandwich doesn't change the carb or calorie count, it might help you eat less. The sub you choose may provide more calories than you need at lunch or dinner. So save half for your next meal to keep your diet on track.
- Skip the sides. The cookies and chips can add a meal's worth of empty calories to your meal. Get a satisfying sub and a healthy drink (water) to fill up on healthy fuel for your day.
- Choose leaner meat. Turkey, ham and roast beef are better choices for people who are trying to cut calories. Tuna salad made with mayonnaise and fatty meats like salami are higher in fat and calories.
- Make smarter topping choices.Skip the mayo and cheese and order a thin layer of avocado instead. You still get the creamy taste and texture of a savory spread but you decrease your saturated fat intake get the benefits of healthy fat, instead. Then layer on as many sliced veggies as possible for crunch and flavor.
If you decide to order bread, don't worry too much about the bread choice you make. The company offersFrench Breadand9-Grain Wheat Bread. But choosing the wheat bread does not increase the fiber provided in your meal. So order this style of bread if you like the taste but it doesn't provide the diet benefits of a whole grain bread.
Least Healthy Jimmy John's Nutrition Choices
As you might imagine, the least healthy subs at Jimmy John's are the larger ones. The hearty J.J. Gargantuanis made on a French bun and includes salami, ham, capicola, roast beef, turkey, provolone, onions, mayo, lettuce, tomato, and Italian dressing.
The sandwich provides 1084 calories, almost 58 grams of total fat, nearly 15 grams of saturated fat, 73 grams of carbohydrate, 72 grams of protein and a whopping 3384 milligrams of sodium.
Video: Fast Food Restaurants That Straight Up Cheat Customers
VIDEO: British Airways 13 million flight simulator
How to Ride the Washington D.C. Metro
Khloé Kardashian Confirms That Her Pregnancy Announcement Will Be on KUWTK
Recipes: 3 Coconut Milk Masks for Dry Hair
On the Job With Chronic Fatigue
How to Date a Prince
Prince Harry Retreats from Spotlight in Fear Theres Too Much Hysteria Over Meghan Markle
Charles Koch says hes open to backing Democrats in the midterms
The Not-So-Bitter Truth About Dark Chocolate
Mr. Korea 2013 Bodybuilder Park Ki Seoks Weight Training Philosophy
What Are the Japanese Names for Grandfather