Miss USA 2019
also see -> Miss America
Sarah Rose Summers,
Miss USA 2018
This year, 52 contestants will gather from around the nation to participate in the 2019 Miss USA pageant when reigning Miss USA, Sarah Rose Summers, crowns her successor at the 68th annual event.
Meanwhile, keep it here for more updates on one of the year's major beauty pageants which traditionally airs in May -- including who will host, a list of celebrity judges, and the announcement of who wins the title of Miss USA 2019.
Miss USA 2018 rewind
It all happened May 21, 2018 at Hirsch Memorial Coliseum in Shreveport, Louisina with live television coverage beginning at 8PM ET on Fox.
The evening's big winner was Sarah Rose Summers, Miss Nebraska, who was crowned Miss USA and went on to represent the USA at the .
First runner up was Caelynn Miller-Keyes, Miss North Carolina and second runner up was Carolina Urrea, Miss Nevada.
This year's hosts were Nick and Vanessa Lachey, with featured performances from country singer Lee Brice and Lachey’s former boy band, 98 Degrees. Judges at this year's pageant were TV host Natasha Curry (Miss Washington USA ’98), reality TV personality Jamie Kern Lima (Miss Washington USA ’00), model/actress Crystle Stewart (Miss USA ’08), businesswoman Denise White (Miss Oregon USA ’94) and host/producer Liliana Vasquez.
How She's Chosen .
Contestants are required to be at least 18 and not yet 27 years old. Each contestant from all 50 states and the District of Columbia are judged in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview.
Halle Berry (Miss
Ohio) competed in the
1986 Miss USA pageant.
Miss USA Fun Facts
• The Miss USA pageant was conceived in 1950 when Yolande Betbeze, winner of the rival pageant, refused to pose for publicity pictures while wearing a swimsuit. Pageant sponsor Catalina decided to pull their sponsorship, and create their own competition.
• Today, Miss Universe is the ultimate win for contestants who have competed in beauty pageants for most of their young lives. To compete at Miss Universe, contestants must win their respective national pageants. To compete at Miss USA or Miss Teen USA, contestants must win their respective state pageants. Miss USA goes on to represent the United States at the Miss Universe pageant.
• The first Asian American woman to win Miss USA was Macel Wilson in 1962; the first Hispanic was Laura Martinez-Herring in 1985; the first African-American was Carole Gist in 1990; and the first Miss USA of Middle-Eastern descent was Rima Fakih in 2010.
• The actress was introduced to the world as Miss Ohio, first runner-up in the Miss USA contest in 1986 (Miss Texas, Christy Fichtner, was crowned that year). However, Berry's movie career was launched by the publicity she received as a Miss USA contestant.
Miss USA Controversies
was the Kentucky beauty who captured the Miss USA title in 2006. Months later, however, she was under threat of losing her crown due to "" amid reports she had visited New York City bars when she was not yet 21.
Days of speculation about her fate ended in a much-publicized Donald Trump press conference on December 19, 2006 when the Miss USA franchise announced that Conner would be allowed a second chance to keep her crown.
Soon after, faced no second chance at keeping her crown, after she was officially dethroned in January 2007 for compromising photos in which instantly went viral around the Web.
Even more unwelcome notoriety came in 2007 when Rachel Smith, the reigning Miss USA, during the evening gown competition at the 2007 pageant. Poised and confident throughout her ordeal, Smith eventually was awarded 4th runner-up.
Miss USA 2009 was also not without controversy following a response from Miss California, , to a question on . Fumbling for words, the beauty queen stated that she was in favor of the "opposite" of same sex unions, resulting in a mixed audience response of cheers and catcalls. Prejean, runner-up to Miss North Carolina who won the title, later admitted that the response may have cost her the Miss USA crown.
also see -> |
More about Miss USA around the Web:
- The place to be for everything you always wanted to know, featuring behind-the-scenes at the Miss USA Pageant, related trivia, history, info on past shows, a past-winners' photo gallery and media contact and registration info.
- Brief history, a list of winners dating back to 1952 and related pictures, links to current pageant contestants & bios, a comprehensive schedule of events leading up to the pageant, interesting trivia, links to further information from Wikipedia.
- Good coverage of general pageant information and interviews with a few of the past Miss USA winners - plus facts & information for hair, make up, fitness and modeling tips for aspiring beauty queens.
Mallu masala actress hot photos
Egyptian revolution photo gallery
Why is alfred stieglitz important to photography
How to book your first wedding photography
Free photo editor with color accent
Photo of bathroom interior
How to edit photos in final cut pro