Parripu vada / Dal Vada / Lentil or Dal fritters is a evening snack food in Kerala. It is prepared from Toor dal. Parippu vada along with black tea is the combination and its the official food of a Kerala communist 😉 . For every Keralite, parippu vada is a nostalgia. You will love to munch these parippu vadas in a rainy day sitting idle in the balcony. Hope you all will try this and send us your photos and comments.
Parippu vada preparation
- Wash the dal thoroughly and soak it for 4-5 hours.
- Drain the water completely from the dal with a colander. If any water is remaining the vada will break apart. You can use an absorbent paper for this.
- In a mixer, grind the dal into a paste. Do not make it into a fine paste.
- Chop and crush the Ginger, Red chillies, Shallots, salt and Curry leaves finely and add it to the mix.
- Mix the mixture well.
- Roll out small portions of the mixture into lime sized ball and flatten it between the palms to give it shape.
- In a deep bottom frying pan pour the oil and heat it. Add the vadas to the oils when it become hot in medium flame. Deep fry the parippu vadas until they become golden brown.
- Serve it hot with a cup of Sulaimani (Black tea).
- In step 5, you can add Asafoetida powder, salt and powdered red pepper for making more tasty parippu vadas.
Need more vada recipes? Dont worry, try these.
How would you rate this recipe?
130 votes, 3.83 / 5.00 (76%)
Deepika padukone with family photos
Oasis facebook cover photo
Photojournalism university courses uk
Tiger woods 10 photo game face
Amazing world war 2 photos
Wood vinyl siding photos
Employment agencies for photographers